Thursday, September 17, 2009

Diagnostic Essay: My Favorite Vacation

To see picture click here
My Favorite Vacation
“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality” (Walt Disney). Every year around the same time, my family likes to go on vacation. Weather we are going to the beach, on a cruise, or on a short drive to Williamsburg, we make sure we have a good time. I enjoy going to places that are family friendly, reasonably priced, and has great weather. In the summer of August 2009, I enjoyed the most unforgettable trip to Disney World with my family and friends.

In particular, I traveled with sixteen adults and children; we drove from South Carolina to Florida. Every time I come to Disney World, it is like coming for the first time. The anticipation of our arrival was overwhelming, as the butterflies in my stomach felt like they were going to explode at any moment. The look on my face is always remarkable and I enjoy looking at all the activity that is going on. I had never been in the month of August, so I was not prepared for the weather to be so unbearable. As soon as we stepped out of our cars, the sweat could be seen pouring down our faces.

To begin with, the first thing on our agenda was to make our lunch dining reservations at Epcot Park. The entire five days were filled with eating the best foods of all kinds. The money spent on eating alone can be very costly, so I would highly recommend the Disney Dining Plan to save on a few extra bucks. All of the Disney parks have something special and unique about them, but my family’s favorite would be Magic Kingdom. They have the best parade and fireworks show I have ever seen. Besides having the big princess castle as a backdrop, the
atmosphere is exciting and fun. On this particular trip, because we arrived at the parks very early in the morning, we were able to take pictures with a lot of the Disney characters. The lines were not long and the weather was just right. We rode every popular ride each park had to offer and still found the time to enjoy a good swim at our hotel resort.

In short, my Disney World vacation does not compare to any other place I have visited. I had the best time and wish I could visit more often. One of the best things I like about Disney is that it is not just for children. The adults can join in on the fun and not feel embarrassed about it. It is a magical place that should be experienced by all, no matter what someone’s age might be. In another two years or so, I will be looking forward to visiting again. I can officially say that Disney World has now become our traditional family vacation spot.

1 comment:

  1. April was a nice time of year to go, half my lifetime ago. It was still hot, but I imagine August is awful.

    ReplyDelete